STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Matthew 5:18, 24:25).
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19, Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 45:5-7, 1 Corinthians 8:6 ).
- Full deity and humanity of Christ (John 1:1-14, Hebrews 1:3-5, 2:5-18, John 10:30, 14:9),
- His virgin birth (Luke 1:26-38),
- His sinless life (2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15),
- His miracles (John 10:31-38),
- His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, (John 10:15, Romans 3:24-25, 5:8, 1 Peter 2:24, 3:18).
- His bodily resurrection (John 20:1-31, Acts 1:1-3, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8),
- His ascension to the right Hand of the Father (Acts 1:4-11, Matthew 28:6, Romans 4:25, 8:34),
- His present rule as Head of the Church (Ephesians 1:22, 5:23, Colossians 1:18), and
- His personal return in power and glory (Revelation 19:11-16, 22:7-21).
- Present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (2 Corinthians 3: 17-18).
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of all who are separated from God by sin and rebellion (John 14:15-21, 3:3-7, Romans 8:1-11, 1 Corinthians 12:3).
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are lost unto damnation (Matthew 25:41-46), and they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life (Matthew 25:31-40, 1 Corinthians 15:42-57).
- Spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across races, genders and classes (Colossians 3:11).
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
*that is, the true Christian church of all times and all places